Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lots of catching up.

I ended up rearranging my schedule a bit this week and missed my Insanity Cardio Recovery day, but I am not too concerned about it :P


Friday and Saturday: Off

Sunday: Watermelon Crawl!
8am - 8 mi group run to celebrate 4th of July.
Weather - Great! Sunny, upper 70s at the start low 80s at the finish.
Shoe - New pair of Ghost 2's.
Recovery/Supplements - WATERMELON! and 12 oz Accelerade.

Monday:
11am - Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance, Approx 40 min (incl 5 min HR recovery) starting HR (bpm) 64, peak 193 (!), avg 151, 517 cal.
Shoe - Infiniti 2
Recovery/Supplements - 12oz Accelerade, did additional calf stretching.

Of note - Whew...I definitely brought it yesterday!  The traveling push ups still kick my ass, but I am getting better.  My knees are a little sore today, I was killing the power jumps, so it makes sense.  I am finally starting to feel stronger and more powerful!

Today:
9:30am - 3 mi with the boyfriend, 3:1 intervals.
Weather - Partly sunny, 84*, 74% humidity.
Shoe - Wave Rider 12.

Of note - Ended up cutting this run short, but it was still good.  Wore ourselves out a bit early sprinting and trying to only have one footfall per sidewalk square...it got really hard in the neighborhoods that have rectangles :P

No comments:

Post a Comment